Forum Home Forum Home >HPV >Genital Warts Treatment
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Does detergent /soap/ antibacterial soap kill HPV?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afterbuzz View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote afterbuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does detergent /soap/ antibacterial soap kill HPV?
    Posted: 03May2010 at 2:05pm
I have started lately to wonder if HPV virus is killed by laundry detergent, hand soap, shower soap and antibacterial soap.

For example:
- if i wash my penis and THEN my butt, could i be transferring HPV particles to my butt? 
- How about when i wash my clothes at parent's laundry machine, could they be at risk?  
- If i take a shower at my brother's house, could his family be at risk?
- could a neighborhood's shared laundry machines help spread HPV?

Just curious if anyone's done research in this area?
kind2all View Drop Down

Quote kind2all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29May2011 at 5:55am
Afterbuzz -

Transferring warts from one area to another is possible since the virus is very contagious. No need to panic, just be careful. Unfortunately, soaps and detergents do not kill the virus (as these products do for bacteria) .

Doing your laundry or showering at your brother's house poses no risk to his family. Just be sure that nobody is using your towel.

No need to worry.
Valez View Drop Down

Quote Valez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29May2011 at 10:20pm
Great question Afterbuzz, was wondering that too. Thanks for clearing it up Kind2all!
kind2all View Drop Down

Quote kind2all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30May2011 at 3:41am
No problem at all. I had these same questions and worries (and I work in the health field!). 
pozlover View Drop Down

Quote pozlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31May2011 at 7:36pm
you may go to the best STD  site HerpesandDating.org for help,You can directly ask your herpes questions to STD counselor here.
HerpesandDating.org - the Official Site of people with herpes: The Best Herpes Dating Site for Singles with Herpes. It's free to join to our Herpes dating and support site for Herpes Dating, Relationships and Friendships! The Herpes Community offers Herpes Dating Service, Genital Herpes Dating Pictures Personals, with Herpes support groups, Herpes blog, Herpes chat rooms, Herpes message board and Herpes forum for people living with Herpes.

Post Reply Post Reply