HPVForum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >HPV >Low risk HPV
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are HPV infected at risk when being with another?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are HPV infected at risk when being with another?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are HPV infected at risk when being with another?
    Posted: 02Mar2010 at 9:28pm
Here is the situation:

I am male.  I know I have hpv strain(s) in my blood b/c I have had genital warts in my past.   After searching I have learned that there are over 100 strains of hpv.  I have been on a few dates with someone who has told me she has hpv.  So far we have had intimate kissing but no sex.

Even though I am probably infected with a strain of hpv, is it risky to be with her?

Before you respond:  I realize that alot of people on this forum have it, like myself.   I am assuming I have low risk but honestly I have no idea.  I am seeking a medically objective answer and not a personal opinion.  I realize that the "personal opinion" answer is if you have it you should be understanding.  Please, there is no need to profess that to me as I understand.  I just want to know the medical risks.
A.Marie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.Marie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26Jul2010 at 10:04pm
There are over 80 different strains of HPV.  You most likely have a low risk strain of HPV due to the fact you have genital warts.  High risk HPV strains cause cervical cancer in women and sometimes penile cancer in men (not to mention the men become carriers for the high risk HPV).  If she has a low risk strain or has/had genital warts as well, I don't see a risk in having sex with her (but it'd still be best to consult a doctor).  If she has high risk, then by sleeping with her she would also be at risk for catching genital warts from you.  I hope that answers your question Smile 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic