HPVForum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >HPV >Genital Warts Treatment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need some insight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LifeisaBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need some insight
    Posted: 22Feb2016 at 2:49pm
I have about 4-5 warts that I notice by simply looking at them, but there are a few that are smaller & are only visible when the sun shines on them & some that I'm unsure if they're actually warts. I'm going to my physician this Wednesday & I'm really nervous. I want to get these things treated, I have a woman in my life that I love immensely, I've told her about this & she took better than I could've ever expected. It's become kind've weird though,(understandably) but she's still in my life. Granted we're simply friends now, but I know she still loves me & she has my heart for sure. I want her to be able to look at me & feel comfortable. I mean, I'll have this virus, but that doesn't mean I have to have grotesque looking genitals. Essentially what I want to know is, what's the best treatment to get rid of the small warts & what will happen if I get some of those topical solutions or acidic treatments on normal skin? If I get the normal skin damaged, will it scar? & will the damaged skin heal & not look weird after? I truly hate having this, I used to look forward to my future, I used to love myself, & now all I want to do is seclude myself from society &
wartman123 View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wartman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30May2016 at 1:09pm
Hey man,

Just back on here after a long time away.

In my opinion chryo-freezing is the best treatment for warts. Even small ones. The docs just have to be careful not to freeze or damage the normal skin.

I know the feeling, I've had recurrences for many years and I've tried MANY treatments believe me.

It's great that there is a girl you've shared this with. It's a very common virus, so many people have it.

Did you get treatment in the end? How did it go?
LifeisaBeach View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LifeisaBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04Jun2016 at 11:30pm
Thank you so much for the reply, the insight, & welcome back. It's been really tough, I just feel so enervated from all of this. I haven't went about getting treatment yet. Fortunately enough, I haven't noticed any new ones. I'm really scared & I feel so lost. Things are over between the girl & I. I guess it was too much for her. I loved her so much & apparently she just couldn't allow herself to take this risk. Once I ceased being seen as a potential lover, it's been a downwards slope. I've been a wreck ever-since, I'm doing everything I can to hurt myself. I don't even want to live anymore, I wish I could just slip away. This is certainly not the right way to think, but I can't even find the motivation to continue. I'm living this miserable & surreptitious existence & I hate it. Peace to you & I hope all has been going well. I'm sorry for the negativity & pessimism, I'm just really going through it.
donovan View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06Jul2016 at 7:57pm
I know it's tough but that's why there are support communities like this. I often have down days where I feel full of regret but it's nothing I can change, the only thing I know I can change is the future and how I feel.

Some treatments do nothing, others hurt. I've found that when my warts come back the only way to get rid of them is by using a combo treatment like Tyginta and ACV both in the morning and at night. This usually helps and they tend to go away after a few days.

Stress and lack of sleep tends to cause them to flair up again so try yoga and relaxation techniques.

Remember you're not alone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic