HPVForum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >HPV >Just Diagnosed with HPV?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spreading of Warts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LifeisaBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spreading of Warts
    Posted: 20Feb2016 at 8:43pm
If you touch your genital warts & then touch another part of your body will the warts be now transmitted to that area of your body. & can you use the same wash cloth to wash your genitals to wash the rest of your body or will that spread the warts? *sorry if I should know this, but I've looked for the answers & haven't found anything definitive.
xredeemx View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xredeemx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28Feb2016 at 4:37pm
All I can do is speak from experience. As far as spreading them to other parts other than your genitals, I don't believe this is possible. It's entirely localized to your genital area. So I wouldn't worry about using a wash cloth on the rest of your body. I was freaking out about the same thing so don't feel bad.
LifeisaBeach View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LifeisaBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28Feb2016 at 11:22pm
Thank you so much. I've been dealing with this for about a year & a half. I feel like I may have seen more bumps pop up within the year or so, but I'm not entirely sure. I see from your other posts that you have had your warts treated, what treatment did you end up having done?
xredeemx View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xredeemx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29Feb2016 at 10:29am
Cryotherapy. It was a depressing process and I would estimate it took roughly two years before symptoms finally stopped coming back? I would say it's the most effective way to remove them.
LifeisaBeach View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LifeisaBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29Feb2016 at 3:32pm
Hey, thanks for replying & huge congrats to getting rid of the warts :) I have a consultation with my primary care physician on Wednesday. It was supposed to be last week, but I got really nervous & backed out. This girl that I'm talking to (whom I love, but she just wants to be friends after I told her about this) told me that she wont talk to me anymore if I don't reschedule. So, I'm going to go & get diagnosed. I was contemplating trying TCA because I heard it gets rid of them quite quickly. & I was also thinking of trying the Aldara cream, because I heard it helps allow the cd4+ cells recognize the HPV as a threat & try to eradicate it. So, idk what to think, but I really appreciate your input. I'm going to pvt message you on here, because I'd like to keep in touch & possibly talk more.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic