HPVForum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >HPV >HPV Dating
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions from the outside

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ibobbyyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibobbyyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions from the outside
    Posted: 20Feb2014 at 6:49am
Thank you for the reply. I work in a pharmacy and have a good relationship with my employees and my physician but sometimes just getting some input from another person gives some peace of mind. I was glad he was honest with me from the beginning and I know he really cares about me. We had been using protection and he said he just doesn't want to hurt me. Again I appreciate the reply. :)
NeedsAnswers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedsAnswers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18Feb2014 at 3:34pm
I would NOT have unprotected sex until he has been treated and their gone for sometime. I would say about a year, with no outbreaks. And you really shouldn't be looking to penetrate him if he is in the process of being treated. It will hurt BAD. I know you said you haven't yet but I do feel the need to say it.

Also take this into account, if you've ever had unprotected sex the odds are you have it and are just not showing signs or symptoms, it's more common than not. It's labeled as the common cold for the sexually active world for a reason. And there are no test for men unless you're showing signs or symptoms. Something that they can biopsy. On top of ruling out HSV2 which can be done with simple blood test. And they do look EXACTLY the same.

There are over 150 different strains of HPV, and that's just known strains. It's known that 75% of sexually active people have one strain or another. And if it's known that 75% of the sexually active population has it what do you think the actual number is? Cause remember the 75% is known, confirmed, and reported cases. I would say about 90-95%.

But if & when he is not showing any symptoms (for sometime) your odds of catching it are less than 1%. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning and the ambulance getting into an accident on the way to the hospital. But also something to keep in mind if he has them internally that's going to be tricker; you can't see those, it's not right in your face so to speak.

And give the boy a lot of credit for being honest with you about it. It's takes a lot of balls to have the conversation, which does show that he does truly care for you, your wellbeing, and your health. But also you should be using condoms for anal sex to begin with, regardless of whether or not he or you have something. You can seriously piss off your prostate and bladder if you don't.

The main misconception about HPV is that it's and STD, when in fact it's not. It's an STI which does not require sex to ping pong, all it takes is genital to genital contact WITH the infected area. Or if say he touches one of them and then touches your genitals. But infections to clear on their own with a healthy immune system. But it will always be inside of him, kind of like chick-pocks.
ibobbyyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibobbyyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06Feb2014 at 12:18pm
Alright so my new boyfriend has HPV and was 100% upfront with everything. I am not bothered by the fact but I was looking for a couple of answers if possible.

If he has warts internally on the back side and we had unprotected anal sex and he shows no signs or symptoms on or around or ever has on his penis I could be alright... Right?

We hadn't done it I am just asking for the future. He is going through treatment currently with having them removed.

Main question is can I ever have unprotected sex with my partner if I never insert the previously affected area and to be safe wait until he shows no symptoms in that area as well. :/

Sigh sorry if this was repetitive.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic