HPVForum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >HPV >Low risk HPV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Latest research - GW hope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wartman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latest research - GW hope
    Posted: 12Sep2013 at 2:33am
Hi guys,

I just read that their looking at targetting types 6 and 11 using a therapeutic vaccine to help the immune system fight against existing respiratory infections which are caused by types 6 and 11, the same types that cause 90% of genital warts...

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/publications/headway/headway_summer_2013/a_new_therapeutic_vaccine_for_rrp_

I don't think it will be too long now guys - 5 years max until they have a treatment to help the body get rid of the virus completely.

Whichever company finds a cure for existing infections will earn billions so it's in the pharma companies interest remember that.

Stay strong and don't worry

Edited by wartman123 - 12Sep2013 at 2:36am
onway2success View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onway2success Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16Sep2013 at 7:31am
Thanks for the good news!!! Let's cross finger and hope it's so. There have been many promises about a therapeutic vaccine for years and we're still standing on the same position. Maybe the time's come.
wartman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24Sep2013 at 10:36am
Governments and health services spend billions treating this. It's the most common STD after Chlamdydia and most people get it even when their being careful and using condoms.

There's so much money to be made by whoever invents this, they will develop something. I'm sure the rich have something already, their just being slow in releasing it to the world.
"fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free"

Never give up!
onway2success View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onway2success Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26Sep2013 at 4:35pm
You're right, wartman. However, my opinion about the rich is that they may have personal/private caretakers and treatments for their own. With treatments I mean those to boost inmunity. Cases like Michael Douglaso Farrah Fawcett's show they're as vulnerable as the rest of the world regarding the virus. I trust something'll be coming in a few years. Hope so, actually.
wartman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28Sep2013 at 6:33am
Yes, you're right, the rich can certainly afford more expensive immunotherpies. I admire Michael Douglas and Farrah Fawcett for making their problems known in the media, so many people have had low-risk and high-risk HPV and don't come out and talk about it. Celebrities should use their status to educate and inform people more often.

We just have to keep hoping one day there will be cures for all these diseases that affect both poor and rich alike. Life and having good health is a tight-rope these days but all we can do is hope. Never lose hope, there's always a chance something will come along.
"fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free"

Never give up!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic