HPVForum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >HPV >Share Your HPV Story
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - does HPV really goes dormant/clear in 12-36months?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

does HPV really goes dormant/clear in 12-36months?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sillyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: does HPV really goes dormant/clear in 12-36months?
    Posted: 14Aug2013 at 12:34pm
r studies correct? i read that around 90% of ppl will clear it in 12-36months

im so lost :(( no cream and freezing work..i dnt know what to do now.. :(( im so sad i hv to face HPV everyday ughh :( and bleeding anal warts ew!
onway2success View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onway2success Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15Aug2013 at 3:46am
Research provides evidence for that but it also depends on our inmune system and attitude. so, remember the combination: time+physical wellness+positive feelings. Keep on walking, we'll succeed.
sillyme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sillyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17Aug2013 at 9:42am
ty onway2success   made me feel better
crankybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crankybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08Sep2013 at 6:59pm
I was diagnosed in 2008 and have had irregular pap smears until my recent check up a month ago.

Took me 5 years to have a normal pap (negative for HPV)! Now I only have to get checked every 3 years! But I'll check once a year just in case. :)

Just goes to show that there is hope if you are patient and positive!

Good luck!
We will survive!
Michaeljayc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Michaeljayc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18Sep2013 at 2:24pm
Hey, heres my story.
I first found anal warts at the end of january last year. I had a girlfriend and obviously lost my sh*t. She was cool with it but im a very clean person and it just horrified me. I probably had cryo done at least 10 times, Polyphilyn at least 10 times and nothing seemed to be working, only making it worse. It got to the point where several doctors said it was the worst case of anal warts they'd seen.

Treatment was causing me too much pain, and waiting in the clinic once a week for 3 hours was hell. So i said f**k it.

around mid June I totally stopped worrying, stopped stressing, stopped caring and actually stopped getting treatment. I didnt even look at it nor think about it until today (september 18th). I went months without stressing, just working my job, chillin with friends, started college again and was happy.

After not stressing and just being happy for 3 months I finally looked today and BOOM, SIGNIFICANT decrease in quantity, size....everything. I can count 4 very small ones compared to a mass of what looked like 50 warts circling my asshole. I never thought i'd be happy to actually be able to see my butthole, but I was.

So dont worry, at the end of the day you're going to be okay, just relax.

If this proves anything its that how you perceive your problem reflects in your situations ability to heal, or get worse.

Im not saying this is for everyone, i am going to get the rest of the small ones treated but it is proof that you have to live life and be happy.

Your mind and body are more powerful than you can imagine.

I hope my story helps,
Michael
gwnme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwnme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08Dec2013 at 9:54pm
Hi there:

I'm new here and I sympathize and empathize with you. I've been getting perianal genital warts since 2006!! Can you believe? I do have a lot of stress in my life with my husband suffering from final stage bladder cancer. He's been suffering from cancer since 2006. It's probably not a coincidence that my warts appeared when he was diagnosed with cancer but I know the HPV was lying dormant in my system for years.

I've never had anal sex. I have had other sex partners since I was engaged to another man before I married my present husband and I was married before, as well. So I probably picked up HPV from one of them.

My husband hasn't picked up genital warts from me. Thank goodness! He has enough suffering without adding GWs to it!

I've been getting outbreaks about once every two months and they last anywhere from a few days to 5-6 weeks. I usually get 3-4 warts, usually not more than that, but they are incredibly itchy and sore.

I've had liquid nitrogen therapy which I find incredibly painful. I've also used Aldara but I suffered a lot of terrible side effects with it and it didn't make the warts go away any faster so I no longer use it.

I just got another outbreak a few days ago. 3-4 warts on the left side of my anus. I've been soaking in very hot water in a Sitz bath. I find that really helps to soothe. I also apply H-Warts. It's an oil that you buy from Healing Natural Oils. I've used it several years now and it seems to work. It takes longer than freezing with liquid nitrogen but it's not painful. Besides, I'm unable to go and see a doctor for freezing because we're at the hospital so many days a week for my husband's treatments.

So my answer to your question is NO. I've had warts since 2006. 7 years and counting.

I'm sorry. I wish you didn't have to go through it too. It really sucks.
Optimistic00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optimistic00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21Feb2014 at 7:51pm
My colorectal surgeon said that I have 11 maybe a month ago inside the anus/rectum. After using Aldara for 7 weeks all external ones cleared and dermatologist said I can stop using it. When I went for second checkup by surgeon he said have to use cream for 16 weeks otherwise they return. Apparently anal warts are his speciality. So he will operate remaining 5-6. Some of them cleared he says because Aldara can go through the skin and affect them internally.
Obgyn examined the vagina and there was one she burned but non inside thank god. Colorectal surgeon says you can get them inside even if you don't have anal sex.
So what is happening he says doctors don't know that you don't have them anymore if they don't look inside your rectum. So dermatologist is not the right speciality for this disease. He says continue going to obgyn, and he will remove them surgically.
sandraj23 View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandraj23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15May2017 at 8:21am
true but it also depends on your immune system and if it is actually strong enough to fight and defend your body. If you are not sure, i suggest you make plans for treatments .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic