HPVForum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >HPV >HPV Dating
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Papsmear showed HPV at age 16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Papsmear showed HPV at age 16
    Posted: 23Jul2013 at 8:23am
Papsmear showed HPV at age 16, but when i went at age 18 they said i should not be getting pap smears.?

Background: age 15 she had sex with two different black guys, age 16 she had one partner until age 18 and is still sexually active with the same partner.

So this girl i know. at age 16 or 17 she got a pap smear and it showed up that she had HPV

she went to a different doctor at age 18 and they told her that she was to young to be getting a pap smear and being that she is so young, her results would be misleading.

They said, girls usually dont get pap smears until the age of 21.
hope802 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hope802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24Dec2013 at 1:21am
Hi varld,

I am no doctor and would advise that you ask a doctor directly with your questions so please do not take my words as fact. From my visits to the doctor's office, he told me that typically, girls would begin getting pap smears at the age of 21 UNLESS you have had a history of STDs, especially hpv. Some doctors may not know or may have forgotten the fact that you have had hpv in the past when they say that you don't need it done until 21 years of age. So I would advise you and your friends to inform them of it and ask them directly if they still need the pap smears done given their circumstances even if they are not of age yet.

Hope this helps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic