HPVForum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >HPV >Low risk HPV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

warts out of control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitaldisaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: warts out of control
    Posted: 10Jul2013 at 10:36am
I've had HPV for..well i'm not sure but I've had visible genital warts for about 5 years now with no break or signs that it's going away.I have probably at least 20 or so warts in various areas of my genitals including 1 under the head on the tip of the foreskin.

I've seen many doctors and all tried cryotherapy which didn't work and was extremely unpleasant, followed by podofilox which shrank a few of them but they never went away completely and then recently I had laser treament which has left large red marks/scars where the treated warts were. Due to the pain level involved with the laser therapy I only had less than half done in one sitting and now after a month of recovering the warts just decided to pop up elsewhere and the red marks/scars have not cleared up. They don't itch and after treatment I used a bactine like cream to protect the area of infection and itching up until about a week ago. They don't hurt or anything they just look ghastly. Considering the amount of warts I have already these really just make things worse and make me more apprehensive about going back to get more lasered off.

I've tried changing my diet, exercising and taking multivitamins which have done nothing for me. This problem is horribly depressing.

Does anyone have any suggestions or any thoughts that might help me even the slightest bit? I'm already depressed clinically and this is just making life even worse now that I can't have sex with anyone else, as rare as that was.
onway2success View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onway2success Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12Jul2013 at 2:39am
Hi digitaldisaster. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Warts are depressing, that's true. You've tried several methods but I think you should keep on going. Look for another doctor and new treatment suggestions. It takes time but maybe 5 years is a bit too much.I don't have warts now though I still have the itching in my vagina, where I didn't use to have warts. HPV is despairing but time will make our bodies fight it so keep on the move. Good luck!!
wartman123 View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wartman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12Sep2013 at 2:29am
Hi man,

I've had warts on/off for 6-7 years finally getting rid of them now.

I think freezing and more abrasive topical treatment like Podophilotoxin or something is better for me.

Also it's more of a natural remedy and can sting but have you tried Apple Cider Vinegar. Also Wartamine seems to work for me, it contains Apple Cider Vinegar as well as some other stuff.

Good habits for immune system:
. 7-8 hours sleep
. Good Nutrition - High Vitamin C, Zinc, Vit A, Vit E, B Vits
. Stay stress free
. Don't smoke - worse thing!!!
. Avoid Alcohol, Caffeine, Sugar, Processed foods as much as possible
. Drink plenty of water
. keep the area dry after showering - use a hair dryer

I think some people's bodies are just not as good at identifying this thing but I definately recommend you get the rest of your warts treated and keep treating them until they never come back, you have to be more stubborn than the warts.
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wartman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07Oct2013 at 1:05pm
hi digitaldisaster,

I forgot to mention. If you can afford it or you have medical insurance etc. see if the doctors can do a blood test or a proper immunity test.

It's worth checking in case your immunity might be compromised.

Also during the 5 years, have you had multiple sex partners? If so, you could have been reinfected with another strain that causes warts, so it might not even be the original strain, just something to mention.

Deal with the warts and really stay on top of them and follow my other tips and you'll be okay.

Oh and one more thing, don't stress and believe it will be okay. Visualise your body white cells killing the warts when you're in bed. The power of the mind is a very powerful thing, you have to believe your body will them and it will.

If you need support or anymore information, message me. I have beaten my warts into submission and I want to help you do the same.

Keep the faith bro
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wartman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07Oct2013 at 1:29pm
One more thing, I have posted this link as threads already. They are looking for therapeutic vaccines to treat types 6 and 11 - the types that cause warts in genital and throat.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/publications/headway/headway_summer_2013/a_new_therapeutic_vaccine_for_rrp_

I believe they will find a vaccine that helps the body deal with this thing and practically kill it within the next 5 years. 5 years is not a long time.

Plus they already have Gardasil now so if future partners are worried they can get vaccinated.

We are lucky to live in times where new medicine is available. One day they will be able to cure everything. Live your life, love your life, this is just another virus like the flu.

Patience my friend. Keep strong, have faith and believe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic