HPVForum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >HPV >Genital Warts Treatment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about using Veregen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnjr93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about using Veregen
    Posted: 21Jun2013 at 12:05am
I noticed some of the forum members here like coolbeans have experience with using Veregen and have posted some useful tips. I'm wondering does Veregen cause any permanent scaring or discoloration?
jdouglas55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdouglas55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22Jun2013 at 11:00am
I have been on Veregen for about 3 months and from what I can see with the warts it causes to fall off you have a crater for about 2-3 weeks, the area is EXTREMELY sensitive/itchy/and fire red. But after that the itching and crater goes away. My areas are still a bit brighter red but nothing crazy. One caveat though, the ones that have fallen off have ONLY been warts that were NOT there prior to using Veregen. Veregen supposedly brings all the warts to the surface blah blah blah. In my case it has brought many to the surface, and a few of those have eventually fallen off, but the original ones are much worse than before I started treatment and I have many more that popped up and won't go away. I am NOT a doctor and not trying to scare people away from Veregen I guess it varies from person to person, but if I had it to do over again would have went to someone who specializes in surgery or cauterizing (or even lazer) would have had the buggers zapped off and THEN if more popped up maybe use veregen or a similar ointment on them. It doesn't seem to pack the wallop to get the stubborn ones (at least in my case).
onway2success View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onway2success Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23Jun2013 at 3:04am
It does. I've got hyperpigmented scars from my warts after having treated them with Veregen. I'm using musk rose oil. My doctor says they'll disappear. I'll be able to tell in a few months but something true is that this oil is super healing. Hope I'm lucky and can erase those disgusting memories.
johnjr93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnjr93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23Jun2013 at 10:02pm
Interesting. I wanted Veregen because I thought it wouldn't have scarring effects. I didn't see anyone post scarring as a complaint but I guess hyperpigmentation is in the warnings somewhere.

I had a few egw taken off w/ cryo and that went fine. They didn't come back. But I was worried because it left some minor scarring. So i figured i'd try veregen. Doc told me to put veregen on spots where I had gotten the cryo previously as well, even tho they are gone for some time now, does that sound right?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onway2success Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12Jul2013 at 7:50am
Hi johnjr93. Sorry I didn't see your message before. Hope you're doing well. About what your doctor told you, I'm not sure it's a good idea. Veregen will trigger warts popping up even on the areas you were done. Of course, everybody's different. My problem with Veregen was that it multiplied my 2 initial warts (I had has them for 3 months. I was treating them with Aldara and nothing happened. They didn't change for good or bad but no more popped up). When I started to apply Veregen, I got about 14. I managed to reduced them to 3. Had a break and decided to try again, thinking the areas already treated would be OK. Bad mistake I made cos I had to cope with many more warts on new areas and also on those I had already handled. It was really depressing and fearful. I ended up with 4 tiny ones and it was then when I opted for electrocautery, that was fine to me. Regarding scars, they are vanishing. However, hyperpigmentation is still there. I think it'll take me over a year to get rid of it. Apart from rosehip, I've tried a natural bleaching cream but I don't think it's a goof idea cos it can be irritating. I¡ve read lemon can help and curcumine too. I think I'll have a try on them. Did you read on any solution for that?
Best!!
johnjr93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnjr93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16Jul2013 at 1:22am
Thanks for the msg. Yeah I decided to put it on the EGWs, not on the previous spots; but from what I understand, the virus may still be active in the skin there, which is why i think the doc suggest it. I've read a bunch that says Veregen will make "new" ones put up initially (bring them to the surface) but over time will kill them off entirely with low reoccurence rate after that. Did you let it run its full course? Its hard to tell when even the research doesn't specify how or why these solutions work.

Hadn't heard of lemon can help and curcumine... Do you ingest any supplements internally that you think may help?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onway2success Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19Jul2013 at 5:18am
Hi again johnjr,
Yes, the Veregen brings new warts to the surface, plenty. It triggers them. It's true, however, it burns them. I run its full course since all but 3 or 4 warts fell off. I decided to stop cos my skin was really soared and opt for electrocautery for the remaining ones. I'll be clear for 2 months in about a week and I'm 'concentrated' on erasing scars. As I told you, I'm using lemon, aloe vera and rosehip. I exfoliate the skin on the area once a week with a mild mixture of salt and oil (any oil is OK). I still havent tried curcumine.

As for supplements, I've got a record/blog with my experiences since I started to fight virus: RECORDS OF PAIN&HOPE. It's here on the forum. Look for it and you'll find everything I've been taking, those things that have worked for me and those that haven't. At the moment, I' having 2 grs of vitamin C, B complex vitamins and zinc dalily. I sport moderately and keep a healthy diet.
Hope you're doing well. How are you managing with Veregen? Let's keep in touch and ask me any questions you may have. Sharing this is a great thing. I've had such a bad time I wish I could help everyone in need to overcome this frustration and fear.
randomwarts View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randomwarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23Jul2013 at 5:21pm
I could understand how ointments like Veregen and Aldara can bring new warts to the surface, as it did in my case with Aldara- it freaked me out so I stopped using it since I had a massive outbreak on my inner thighs.

I can relate to JohnJr experience..

However - Three different dermatologists told me that its impossible for these ointments to cause another outbreak..

Is there research or cited evidence somewhere that explains the chance of these creams to bring more warts to the surface?

I almost feel like I can't trust a dermatologists that prescribes the drug.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onway2success Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24Jul2013 at 1:25pm
Docors just speak from theory. In the same way they say HPV is asymptomatic but for wars, something which is not true cos I've been having itching since this nightmare started and it's now decreasing as my body's fighting the virus, they may have different opinions and studies just say other warts may pop up but never admit it's cos of the product they're selling. Those studies are promoted by labs which want to test their products but dont want the risk to disclose info that may affect sales. My experience gave me a proof: I started with 2 small anal warts. Aldara didnt affect my skin but for some burning. However, as I mentioned before, Veregen provoked me 2 horrible outbreaks and hyperpigmentation marks on my skin.
jdouglas55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdouglas55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08Sep2013 at 1:02am
I'm with ya oneway, I had 2 medium sized warts and one tiny skin taggish one before Veregen. After FOUR months of diligent use of Veregen and my derm saying "no this is normal" I now have 3 huge pistachio sized warts on my anus and countless small itchy ones. I think the stuff causes outbreaks in some people and they either hide it or fail to mention it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic