HPVForum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >HPV >HPV Dating
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should I tell him?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravemidwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I tell him?
    Posted: 09Apr2013 at 8:15pm
A couple of months ago I found out I have HPV after my first pap (ever) I have not gone back yet to find out which kind I have. I have a feeling I contracted it while my boyfriend and I were broken up for 5 months. I really have no way of knowing though if that was when it happened because it was my first pap. I want to tell him because I think he should know but I don't know how I would do it.. We have had sex since we have been back together so I feel even worse that I have not told him yet. I have only told two people that I have it and they think I should just keep it a secret since it does not really affect men. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I love my boyfriend and just want to be honest with him without losing or hurting him.
john2223 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john2223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19Apr2013 at 5:54am
I think you should tell him. Because you don't want him to contract the HPV and then find out he has it because of you, and you didn't tell him. You may want to tell him now in the beginning instead of risking him finding out later on and break up with you for not being able to trust you. It is your decision to make but I think it will only make the situation worse in the long run if you don't bring it to his attention now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic