HPVForum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >HPV >HPV Dating
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the hardest part in your HPV Dating?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stdornot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the hardest part in your HPV Dating?
    Posted: 03Jan2013 at 8:54pm
How do you tell your partner that you have HPV?
stdornot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stdornot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03Jan2013 at 8:55pm
free to share you idea please

Positive Singles
#1 HPV/HSV/HIV Dating site

Edited by stdornot - 03Jan2013 at 8:59pm
wartman123 View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wartman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18Oct2013 at 8:39am
Some background info - I had low-risk genital warts nearly 7 years ago and it took me 4-5 years to stop getting outbreaks. During that time I was sexually active and I could have caught another strain possibly. My body just wasn't great at dealing with the virus. I look after myself now. In my case I nearly always used protection even with gf's but that doesn't mean I was protected I was just unlucky to get the strain that causes warts. Also not everyone gets warts, most people (90%) clear the virus without even knowing they had it. Everyone's body deals with it differently unfortunately and mine took a long time.

Here are my top tips:

. If you have lowr-risk genital warts, don't start by pulling out the old 'Oh I've had genital warts' instead explain what HPV is..
. Explain how there are over 200 HPV strains that go to different parts of the body. 40+ types are in the genital region and that protection with a condom does now guarantee you won't get it.
. You could even use my example where my doctor has even said he could have it and his wife could have it but they never had outbreaks or cervical lesions.
. Explain that you want to be honest with them because you care for the and you want them to be aware of your HPV status and you wouldn't want someone to resent you for not being honest even though a lot of people don't disclose.
. If you've had HPV while in a sexual relationship then there could be a chance your partner has your strain already.
. Over time, partners become immune to each others strains of HPV (kind of romantic)..so really love does conquer all including HPV viruses :)
. Remember, it's really don't feel bad about it, it's very common and in most cases not life-threatening. Women just need to make sure they keep getting their PAP smear tests done annually.
. Nearly 90% of people will have a strain of genital HPV in their lifetime so it's almost unavoidable even if you're the most careful person or unless you've never had sex.

I wish you well in telling your partner
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic