HPVForum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >HPV >Just Diagnosed with HPV?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm Starting a Log

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Workingtogether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30Jun2012 at 9:17pm
Update: Another great day!

So today was a good day in terms of life itself. I mean telling someone you care about and them not running away in fear about this infection is something that's comforting to me. I enjoyed a full day with her today and we didn't even mention the HPV. Things are good.

I was going to put on the Aldara cream tonight, but I'm going to wait till tomorrow so that I can put it on Sunday Tuesday Thursday and have Friday and Saturday off as my off days. I think that works way better don't you think?

Anyways, I think tonight will be the first night I'm not going to ask questions. I'm going to sleep!

Nite Everyone!
Workingtogether View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Workingtogether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02Jul2012 at 8:37pm
Update: Aldara Cream 3rd application.

So I actually did a 2 day layoff on the Aldara cream because I wanted to make sure I could do Sunday Tuesday Thursday. I think having a Friday or Saturday is tough to do at night especially since you are going out and things.

Anyways last night I was putting this stuff on and I really tried to make sure I put a very thin layer of cream on. The first two times I put it on it was a lot of it, but this time I was very aware to try and put a small portion on.

Anyways this morning, there wasn't much change. Still there, but I guess the bumps are ceasing...no new warts to report which is a good sign in itself.

I'm just having trouble now distinguishing if the bumps I'm applying this cream to are actually warts. Its tough to see. I guess thats one of the things I'll be asking the dermatologist next week.

Anyways, pyschologically, I'm feeling A LOT better. My girlfriend has been really supportive, but its been tough because we both want to jump each other....lol

Also I've been trying to eat more supplements of Vit C and drink Green Tea. I didn't get a chance to pick up Papillex. I think I'll be doing that on the Thursday when I get a chance to pick it up in the area I go to. Apparently I can't find it in many areas of where I live.

More to come later!

Nite everyone!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Workingtogether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03Jul2012 at 10:36pm
Update: Questions about Aldara

So I've noticed that my warts have subsided a lot. Not sure if its because of the cream or not, but my question I wanted to ask was, is it okay to put Aldara on skin where you might think you have warts. There are these 2 bumps on the bottom of my scrotum, that I'm almost sure are warts, but I can't seemingly tell. I went to the Gyno on that day where he burned off a bunch but I remember him saying that those weren't warts, although I didn't think he did much of an inspection.

Can anyone answer this question?

Thanks
themattster View Drop Down
Contributor
Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themattster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06Jul2012 at 5:19pm
its hard to tell sometimes..if you see hair growing out, and its white, and there are a bunch of em, obviously they're hair folicles. But the warts are nasty and hide among the hair folices, but you can tell, its like a bigger, deformed, more red or brown hair folicle..don't know if that helps. My GP told me aldara really irritates the area. He said to be real careful to diagnose yourself as having more warts. That said, bad news for me, a bunch of new warts just popped up. But then again, I'm going to reserve the opinion for the dermatologist i'm seeing next thursday. i have heard that since aldara basically multiplies the immune system down there, it makes some new ones pop up. I just wonder if that white stuff under the skin I see is the pure hpv. I guess its something ill ask the derm as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Workingtogether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08Jul2012 at 10:36pm
Update : Aldara and Papillex

I don't want to make this too long, but I thought i would share a couple of things since I've been using these two products.

First off, Aldara has really done very little in terms of wart reduction, although I can't tell if I have warts anymore. I've been putting it on spots where I think look like warts and they have not changed shape nor have I had any feeling of "burning" like others do using Aldara. Mind you I've only been on it for about 2 weeks (Tuesday will officially be 2 weeks). Keep you posted for any changes.

I purchased Papillex on Saturday at a Organic's food store. Going to try it and see if there are any different results. I'm hoping that with this regime, I'll be able to rid myself and start building the defenses for this virus.

I understand a lot of people here are saying, "it never goes away" or that "you'll have it forever", but I've realized, we have a lot of things in our bodies that will never go away, like chicken pox or the flu. We get infected by many things that our body does fight off. I'm starting to have that mindset about HPV. Sure it might take a couple of years, but I'm not going to worry myself about dying or getting some disease. It's important to enjoy life safely and be informed. I guess, KNOWLEDGE does defeat Fear, so research if you are scared, because in the end, HPV isn't that bad...heck....its just something some people will go through, while others wont.

:)

Stay positive guys. I'll keep you updated on my progress!
WorryWart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WorryWart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09Jul2012 at 1:31am
Hey fellas. I think I've picked up genital warts recently. I'm in the same boat with a partner I've got to tell. It's a curly situation really as its a long distance relationship an I already had to open up to him about an infedelity which I wasn't looking for but being a young woman I got taken advantage of after too much beer and I actually don't remember it happening just what I was told. So anyway I think I have caught warts. I'm petrified. Mostly of losing my soul mate. But I have hope because I was prescribed Cimetidine when I was a teenager for normal warts and that cleared them up in a few months. I'm also quite healthy considering I work in the fitness industry so I will have to make a few diet changes but yes the cimetidine is really my biggest hope. And that my man will understand. The statistics are scary! I have an appointment on Wednesday to get checked out. I have suffered depression in the past and have had to stop
Myself these past few days thinking terrible thoughts. Like ways I could end it. But that's so selfish. I don't want to live like this. I don't want to be alone. I wish I could turn back time and make better decisions in my life. I wish wishes came true.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Workingtogether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09Jul2012 at 11:11am
Hi Worry Wart

Well its completely normal to go through a lot of worry. I too felt those exact same emotions and worries when I first got diagnosed. Eventhough I am getting better, I still feel those emotions till this day.

Everyone is different but to change things for myself was to be honest with the people that might be affected by this. So although it was probably the most awkward and embarassing thing to do, I told my partner who I was with what I had and had the mindset I might not be with her anymore and I would have to be prepared for that. Luckly for me, I was totally wrong to be prepared for that and it turned out for the best. Our relationship is now stronger and we communicate a lot more about our feelings and such. A blessing in disguise? maybe...I think a lot of the time we just tend to look at all the negatives that obstacles bring us, but really there is opportunity in those obstacles that we forget to see as well. Hopefully you'll keep that in mind as you go through this process.     

As for your warts, just keep what you are doing. Eventually, warts go away with treatment (I know I know, they will be with you forever, but, as many of us have researched, we build an immunity to it) and with a healthy immune system. Since you are in the fitness industry, I don't see this being a big problem for you. Just make sure you also change your eating habits, meaning healthy eating (which you probably already do any how) as well as having some supplements. I've been taking Papillex, Green Tea, and eating a wide variety of fruits and vegetables with some grains and a 1 day a week of eating meat. We'll see what happens. Read my log to see how my progession goes.    

I too get in the back of my mind that this will be a burden but all you can do is stay positive, have hope and faith that this will go away with the right regime of treatment and lifestyle changes.

Good luck with your appointment on Wednesday and please keep me posted. We need to work together to help support each other through these difficult times.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Workingtogether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09Jul2012 at 11:20am
Update: Forgot to mention

Sorry last night when I wrote that log, I forgot to mention a few things

On friday, I went to the Doctor to get checked out for any other warts that might be popping up (especially in the Anus cause it was really itcy...I know TMI). I'm sort of a Hypocondriac so I was a bit worried that I had warts on my Anus, which would be a problem. Anyways I got check out and my doctor was really nice about the whole situation and said I was fine and clean. Phew.

I also go my results for my STI's tests. All came back negative which was also a relief. I was worried that I contracted some other sh*t along with warts, but now knowing its only this, it was refreshing that I don't have to battle anything else.

My doctor though was a bit cautious about what I read on the internet.

He told me that NOT all warts are Low - Risk. He did say generally they are but there are some that can be considered high risk as well.

He also mentioned that it can be ping ponged back and forth, but its not confirmed, so if I have it and she doesn't I should refrain from having any sexual contact until they go away to be sure.

He did say, most of the time, they go away within 3-6 months after treatment and sometimes they clear up on their own within 2 years.

I know that many of us have read Dr. Handsfield stuff and I will continue to read that because he is a leader in this research but I've decided thats all I'll read...cause everywhere else seems to be confused with the info.

As I said before, the only scary thing about this is, NO ONE knows exactly all the facts about this virus. The good thing though is even if you have it, it will not kill you. It'll just increase your risk for things....just like when you go outside and you increase your risk with the air we breathe or smoking or drinking....that increases our risk as well.

Everyone keep positive! Lets work together!

Enjoy the day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Workingtogether Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11Jul2012 at 7:04am
Update: A setback...or a few

So after an outstanding prognosis from my doctor on Friday, I was feeling really motivated and good about going to my dermatologist yesterday. Obviously a little nervous cause I did see some warts that were there and had not been changing, but it didn't look like anything new had been showing...or so I thought.

Turns out that my warts have spread a bit. The bumps on my scrotum were actual warts (in my first consultation with the derm and my doctor both said they weren't, but there were today) and they started to freeze small little bumps up my penile shaft. That's when i got really worried cause I don't have any on my penis yet and they are slowly heading in that direction.

Needless to say I was very upset and disappointed...probably a bit concerned, but not for myself, but for my partner. After the treatment (which really hurt), I couldn't imagine how my gf would feel after getting this treatment after every 2 weeks. The physical and emotional pain would be a lot for her and I know that even if its not me that might have infected her, it would kill me to see her go through this. So I cried a bit talking to her. The fear of that just bothers me but she's taking it in stride. She's telling me how can you be upset when we don't know yet. She said lets get the results first and then start to deal with it then. She's so smart and so brave too.

Anyways I spent the day with her and she made me feel better. Watched TED, which was an alright movie, but overall, I still felt a little weary about the whole thing. It's good to have her support. She makes me feel safe and normal.

As for the warts themselves. I got home late that night and applied Aldara on the new blisters and bumps that were found. It was weird cause all the burning caused these big bumps (which I presume are blisters from the burning).

Just a note about Aldara. I asked my dermatologist, how do I know where each bump is....her response...rub the cream on the affected area's first...then use the rest to apply everywhere else in the surrounding areas. I did that last night, thinking I would feel some type of burning....but nothing yet....weird?

Eventhough this is bit of a setback, I continue to stay strong and positive. The good news is, it's normal for this to happen and its only been 2 weeks since I was treated before....the bad news is....its normal for this to happen and its only been 2 weeks since I was treated before.

Work together people!

Lets enjoy life! (without the sex right now)
liveandlearn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liveandlearn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11Jul2012 at 1:56pm
Hi there:

I just read all your post. I just wanted to respond and this will jump all over as I think of things I have felt or thought through my year. so sorry for that.

I totally understand all you have said and felt. This is an emotional rollercoaster.

I was diagnosed a year ago. I was devastated, then angry. I read everything I could.

I did not feel any need to tell any past partners, only current.

I also had someone I needed to tell, who I was currently with, but most of all I dreaded telling someone I had been with in the past and very much wanted to be with again. (Long story).

All the pictures online are much worse than anything I have had, and they scared me. I have learned that those are usually worse case pics.

Anyway, the one I was currently with, said, "Oh, well, we've been together 6 months, we most likely both have it now. 80% of the population has some form of it, it is more the social stigma that is the worst." After 1 1/2 years he still doesn't have any.

I still feel a little guilty and wait for the day he gets one and freaks out.

The man who I had been with and wanted to be with again, at first wouldn't believe that I could have them. Wondered if maybe he could have given them to me, then said he didn't matter.

I don't know if our ages could be a factor in how we respond to them. I have to admit I am glad that I am a young person. I have had marriage and children. At this age a good, fulfilling relationship is desired, changes of finding that are slimer so maybe people are more likely to overlook a "skin problem."

If it isn't high risk, that is what it is. A skin problem. Does someone freak out because somone has a skin problem and not want to be with them?

I noticed in your first post you said you deserved this. That is crap. No one deserves this any more than any one else. It doesn't define us, we aren't dirty or worthless. We didn't do anything wrong. My story of how I got this and I'm sure I know where is and isn't a reflection on me. I don't want to be judged or judge anyone else how they got it.

There needs to be better education about HPV. I had been going for pap smears for years and didn't know it was to check for cancer from HPV. Until I got this I didn't know much about it. I'm a nurse, I don't work in this area though, so wasn't really familiar with it. However, I do teach classes in the health field filled with young people, and believe me, now we discuss it, what it is, how you get it, testing, etc. Mostly what I want to stress to them is that, anyone can have it and it is the social stigma of having it that is the worst.

My GYN didn't really seem too interested or educated about it either.
They act like it is no big deal. 80% of population has it. Don't isolate yourself, practice safe sex. The only treatments offered in my area are TCA. I have used ACV on the ones that look like white seeds with good success. TCA works well on the ones that are just pink bumps, the flat white ones, I'm having more trouble with.

At first I had a ring of the white seed ones, I put ACV on it and burned them off and my skin, but it healed well. The Dr. said it couldn't have been warts because ACV wouldn't work.

Then the ARNP said a tiny white flat spot I had before I believe I contracted HPV was a wart. I don't know, that would mean I had it since my teen years without symptoms in myself or my husband of 24 years. She put TCA on it and other spots she could see something but I couldn't. I did this for weeks at $75 a visit and they kept coming back. She smeared it everywhere, didn't let it dry before making me get up. I finally just ordered my own bottle of TCA and apply it when I see anything.

I became obsessed, looking inside and outside, imagining everything was a wart. Most was normal tissue.

I also had a thing on my rectum that I was sure was a wart and she kept saying it wasn't, it grew. I also developed the white seed kind between my butt cheeks. TCA didn't work, after several visits I gave up and used ACV. They were gone in 3 days. I cut the one off my anus.

I have not had anything new pop up for a year now, knock on wood. Getting them under control is a huge step in peace of mind.

I take a daily vitamin, high doses of Vit C, and Folic acid.

Not to sound like a bad person, but this is something that had run through my mind at one point. I thought the more people that get this the better it might be, then people wouldn't be so judgmental. But then I think about how devastated I felt and wouldn't want to do that to someone else. Again the social stigma.

I don't go around telling other people I have it. But like I said I do try to educate any time the opportunity arises. Always stressing, not to be judgmental.

It might throw some obstacles in the road, but perhaps it also a blessing. Someone who sees you and accepts you is worth so much more than some who would turn away.

However, I understand people not wanting to get it.

Well that's all for now, sorry, it was so long.
Live and Learn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic